Bohdan Shumylovych is project manager of Urban Video Project at the Center for Urban History of East Central Europe. Also he is giving lectures and is involved in research projects.
He has a Master degree in Contemporary and Modern History from the Central European University (Budapest, Hungary, History Department, 2004-2005), an Art Historian's degree from the Lviv Art Academy (Department of the History and Theory of Art, Ukraine, 1993-1999) and has also taken classes at the Department of Project Management of George Washington University (Washington, USA, 2001-2002). He has studied and taught cultural and visual studies at Ivan Franko University in Lviv (Master Program in Cultural Studies) and has given lectures both in Ukraine and abroad. He has been awarded several grants and worked in audio-visual archives in Washington (Archive of the Department of Visual Arts of George Washington University) and Budapest (Archive of the Open Society Institute). Having developed a course in cultural industries and special expertise in the cultural regeneration of cities, Shumylovych has also headed the Division of Marketing and Cultural Industries at the Department of Culture and Tourism at the Lviv City Government.
- 'Kulturni industriji v suchasnomu misti', in Sociologiia Mista, Donetsk, 2010.
- "Vizualna ironia ta "ukr-such-mystetstvo", IRONIA, Zbirnykstattei, Ed. Olena Haleta, Evgen Hulevych, Zoriana Rybchynska (Center of Humanity Studies, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv), Lviv: Litopys; Kyiv: Smoloskyp, 2006. p. 238.
- "Do We Really Need Methodology from the West in Ukrainian Art Education?", Contemporary Change in Ukraine. Baltic and East European Studies, Vol.5, Sodertorns Hogskola, 2006.
- "Istorychna model formuvannia muzeiv v Spoluchenych Shtatach Ameryky v drugi polovyni XIX-pochatku XX stolittia", Narodoznavchi zoshyty, № 3, 2003.
- "Paradyhma pizniogo modernizmu v amerykanskomu mystetstvi 1930-40 rokiv", Mystetska krytyka, Zbirnyk statei LNU, lystopad, 2003.
- Translation from English a book of Hiep Hahort "Art Management" ("Litopys" Publishing House, Lviv, 2008).