Vul. Bohomoltsia, 6 – Center for Urban History of East Central Europe building
History Architecture People Links Interviews Related Events Themes Persons Projects Other info Sources
(1906 - Bohomoltsia, 6). One of the best examples of the local school of Art Nouveau architecture. This three-floor building with a rich plaster ornamentation of the facade was designed by architect Tadeusz Obmiński for the owner of the real estate Leon Stauber in 1905. Statics calculations and the construction works were completed by Ivan Levynskyj (Jan Lewiński) construction company in 1905-1906. Minor renovations were made in the 1930s. Leszek Sawicki recorded the events in this building during the street fights of July 1944. Today (2009) the building houses the Center for Urban History of East Central Europe and several private flats.
|Copyright © 2004-2013, LvivCenter.org
Powered by siteGist CMS